...Now that he has left his position at the United State Holocaust Memorial Museum, Michael Berenbaum seems less reticent about expressing his leftwing views. Writing in the July-August issue of the radical-left Tikkun, Berenbaum declares that "Anti-Semitism is on the decline" in America, and tensions between U.S. Jews and Christians have "diminished," although "the tensions are re-emerging with the policies of the Netanyahu government"...
...James Zogby of the Arab American Institute has been praised by Jewish establishment leaders as a "moderate" since he endorsed the Oslo accords. But here's how Zogby, writing in the Jordan Times, described the recent Congressional resolution commemorating the 30th anniversary of the reunification of Jerusalem:
"Pro-Israeli bulldozers rolled through Congress and, once again, made rubble of integrity and intelligence...The pressure campaign by the pro-Israel lobby was extraordinarily intense, with repeated visits by pro-Israeli groups and implied threats if they voted against the bill...The final vote was a mixture of opportunism,
cowardice and the ability of a well-financed group to intimidate and win..." Zogby defended the PLO-organized riots in Hebron and Gaza: "It fell onto the young people of Hebron and Gaza to issue the most dramatic rebuke to the foolishness of Congress and the passivity of the administration"...
...Jonathan Jacoby, leader of the Israel Policy Forum was recently cited by columnist Douglas Bloomfield as one of a group of "Jewish leaders [who] have been privately urging Clinton to put more pressure on Netanyahu." Bloomfield should know; he himself has been a paid consultant to the Israel Policy Forum, which was created in 1992 by Israel's Labor Party in order to push American Jewry to the left.
Before being hired to run the Israeli Policy Forum, Jacoby was associated with the New Jewish Agenda, the New Israel Fund, and Americans for Peace Now...Meanwhile, Gail Pressberg, the "Program and Arab Affairs Consultant to Americans for Peace Now," has authored an op-ed titled "U.S. Pressure on Both Sides Is Needed to Achieve Peace." Pressberg was formerly an official of two anti-Israel groups, the American Friends Service Committee (Quakers) and the Foundation for Middle East Peace...
...Veteran radical John Ruskay has been named co-chief operating officer of New York's UJA-Federation. During the 1970s, Ruskay was a leader of the far-left Committee On New Alternatives in the Middle East (CONAME), which lobbied against U.S. arms shipments during the Yom Kippur War.
He then went on to become a leader of the Breira organization, which lobbied for a PLO state. More recently, when he was an official of the Jewish Theological Seminary, Ruskay stirred controversy by encouraging JTS students to visit Kripalu, a Hindu "ashram," or religious study center...
Now Available from
Americans For a Safe Israel:
- After the Handshake: A Town Meeting with Marvin Kalb
- 116 Minutes - $10.95 (non-members: $11.95)
- NBC in Lebanon: A Study in Media Misrepresentation
- 58 minutes - Purchase $50; rental $25
- The Jewish Wars
- by Edward Alexander - $19.95 (non-members: $24.95)
- Israel: Righteous Claims in a Hostile World
- $12.50 plus $1.70 postage
- Shimon Says: Shimon Peres in His Own Words
- $3.95 (non-members: $4.95)
- by Paul Eidelberg - $9.00 (non-members: $11.00)
- With Friends Like These...: The Jewish Critics of Israel
- by Edward Alexander (ed.) - $10.95
- Oleg in Peaceland: Cartoons by Oleg Schwartzburg
- $5.00 (non-members: $7.00)
- Eye on the Media: A Look at News Coverage of Israel
- by David Bar-Illan - $7.95 (non-members: $10.95)
- Should America "Guarantee" Israel's Safety?
- by Dr. Irving Moskowitz - $3.95 (non-members: $4.95)
- The New Jewish Agenda
- by Rael Jean Isaac - $2.00 (non-members: $3.95)
- The Hidden Alliances of Noam Chomsky
- by Werner Cohn - $1.00 (non-members: $2.95)
Americans For a Safe Israel
1623 Third Ave., Suite 205 - New York, NY 10128
Labor Zionism and the
by Prof. Geoffrey Martin
Plight of Soviet Jewry, 1917-1996
and Natan Herzl
This meticulously documented expose reveals the Labor Party's history of ignoring and even sabotaging the struggle for Soviet Jewish freedom. Some observers believe that A Matter of Priorities helped turn significant numbers of Russian-born Israeli voters against the Labor Party in the 1996 election.
Just $4.95 from :
Americans For a Safe Israel
1623 Third Ave. - New York, NY 10128